Israeli settlers torch Palestinian cars

A Palestinian boy inspects a burnt car in the West Bank village of Qusra near Nablus on 21 February 2013. (Photo: AFP - Jaafar Ashtiyeh)

Published Thursday, February 21, 2013

Armed settlers attacked a village south of Nablus overnight Thursday and torched six cars, a Palestinian Authority official said.

Ghassan Daghlas, who monitors settlement activity in the northern West Bank, said dozens of residents of the Esh Kodesh settlement outpost entered Qusra village firing heavily.

They torched six cars, belonging to Raed Musbah, Abed Taher, Yousef Odeh, Yasser Abu Rida, and Nashat Fawzi, Daghlas told Ma'an news agency.

Villagers confronted the settlers, Daghlas said. A large force of Israeli soldiers entered the village and also clashed with locals, he added.

An Israeli military spokeswoman told Ma'an that soldiers were in the village on Thursday morning but had no further details.

Settlers from the same area last month destroyed around 200 olive trees following clashes between Qusra and Esh Kodesh residents.

During those clashes, settlers opened fire on Palestinians, wounding an 18-year-old.

(Ma’an, AFP)

Comments

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><img><h1><h2><h3><h4><h5><h6><blockquote><span><aside>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

^ Back to Top